We are a class of 7 and 8 year olds in Room 14, Otahuhu Primary, Auckland, New Zealand. We hope to share our learning journey with our families and friends through this blog.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Making a circuit

On the 11th of May room 24 went for technology lessons. First we were split into two groups.Mr Didier's group and Mrs Green's group. I was in Mr Didier's group. Mr Didier showed us how to make a circuit for a lamp using a lamp holder, battery snap,switch and three crocodile clips. We watched him carefully and then we had to make one by ourselves. First I attached the battery to the battery snap. Next I put one head of the black crocodile clip on the metal part of the black wire which was connected to the battery snap. Thereafter I put the other head of the black crocodile clip on the left side of the lamp holder. Then I put the first head of the green crocodile clip on the right side of the lamp holder. A few minutes later I put the second head of the green crocodile clip on one side of the switch. After that I put one of the heads of the red crocodile clip onto the other side of the switch and put the second head on the metal part of the red wire which was connected to the battery snap. I was very excited to see my lamp working because it was my first time learning how to make a circuit. By Rajeena Making a circuit for a lamp

No comments:

Post a Comment