We are a class of 7 and 8 year olds in Room 14, Otahuhu Primary, Auckland, New Zealand. We hope to share our learning journey with our families and friends through this blog.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Souvenirs

My homework was to bring a souvenir from my country, Vietnam. I took a Chinese lantern to show my class. It is made of cardboard and paper. It has a Chinese symbol drawn on the lantern. You can place a tea light candle inside the lantern and you hang up the lantern. This year I went to the Lantern Festival in Auckland and I saw many colourful and beautiful lanterns.
By Thomas

I brought a Tongan souvenir to show my friends. It is a wall hanging with Tongan patterns. There is a map showing the places in Tonga, a fale which is a Tongan house and coconut trees.
By Timote

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to visit Tonga.
    Krisharti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also went to the Lantern Festival.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments

    ReplyDelete